A note from the founder
At Seesiu, we really care about privacy, we think that when you are using the internet you should know exactly what information is collected about you and when it is collected. Your Seesiu journey should enhance your shopping experience by making it greener and allowing you to collect Seesiu Perks for you to spend. One promise we make to you about shopping with Seesiu,
We will never sell your personal data. Never ever. Period. Full Stop.
The only thing we want to do is to help you shop greener and earn Seesiu Perks to spend. When you complete a transaction at one of our partner stores we get a commission, thats how we make money – we use part of that to buy carbon offsets to make your transaction greener and therefore more sustainable and give some of it back to you in the form of Seesiu Perks to spend later. We have literally no interest in selling your personal data and have no need to.
We want to make online shopping better for the environment and better for you. If you think that sounds good then let’s start shopping with Seesiu.
ps if you have any questions drop us a line at email@example.com!
If we ever need additional personal information for a specific reason, we will tell you and ask for your permission. Also, to the extent that Seesiu has links to other websites (like retailers), please note that we do not own, operate, or control them, and they have their own controlling privacy policies that you should review.
What data we collect and why
In order to provide our products, Seesiu collects information that you share directly with us when you use our website or extension. Though you don’t have to, you can choose to provide your email to set up an extension account with us, which lets you earn Seesiu Perks, see a personalised recommendation feed, and more. You can also set up your profile with your name and other info for a more personalised experience.
Seesiu also collects technical information about your device and use of Seesiu to make sure that our products are working correctly. The information we collect is geared to providing Seesiu members with a better way to shop greener online and to help us develop, improve, and market our services.
When you become a member of Seesiu Extension, you share a limited amount of information during the registration process optionally including your name, email address, member password and other registration information to personalise your profile. You can also sign up using your existing Google or Facebook account, which lets Seesiu see basic profile information you provided to Google or Facebook, like your name and email address.
If you choose to sign in with Google, you’ll have the option of importing your contacts so that you can refer your friends to Seesiu. Referral addresses are masked, so we never see or store them, nor can we contact anyone without your permission.
As you continue to use Seesiu products, you might also provide information when you:
- refer friends from your contacts to Seesiu
- communicate with Seesiu through email or other means
Seesiu cannot see and does not store your payment card data.
Seesiu automatically collects information to ensure that our products work correctly on different devices and browsers. This includes data like
- the type of device you’re using
- the device’s unique ID (where available)
- operating system
- browser type
- IP address
- event stamp
- error logs
This data allows us to make sure Seesiu products are working correctly, to make your experience better, and to detect and prevent fraud. Also, to help us coordinate our communications and marketing campaigns, and to understand how our users engage with our products, we use common digital tools that allow us to see if you opened an email we sent, visited a link in those emails, or generally interacted with Seesiu as a result of our marketing efforts.
Shopping and Usage Data
On retail sites, Seesiu collects the name of the retailer, page views, and in some cases, product information that allows us to track price changes and update our product catalog. We may also collect limited information regarding your purchases on a retail site while using Seesiu (for example, the order total and the fact that an order was completed) for purposes including internal analytics, commission collection, and rewarding of Seesiu Perks. The information you share, and we collect, enables us to improve our products and gives us insights about deals, pricing, and availability of retail items, which we can share with the rest of the Seesiu community. We may also use this information to provide you with a more tailored, relevant experience or show sponsored product offers that may interest you.
Aggregate and Anonymised Data
We may also use the information we collect in aggregate or otherwise anonymised form. This lets us look at interactions with our site and products generally and does not identify you or any specific person. We use this general data for research, development, marketing, analytics, and to enhance the shopping experience for the Seesiu community.
What data we do not collect
We collect information that we believe can help our users shop greener and earn Seesiu Perks. This does not include, and we do not collect, any information from your search engine history, emails, or from websites that are not retail sites.
We also do not collect bank or credit card information
How we share your data
We know how important your personal data is to you, so we will never sell it. We’ll only share it with your consent or in ways you’d expect (as we explain here). That means we will share your data if needed to complete your purchase, with businesses who help us operate Seesiu, or if we are legally required to do so.
We may also share information in the following cases:
- with your express consent;
- in an aggregate or anonymised format that does not identify any specific person;
- as required by law, or to comply or respond to a valid government request;
- when we believe in good faith that it’s necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud; and
- with a buyer or successor, if Seesiu is involved in a merger, acquisition, or similar corporate transaction. If that happens, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Website of any change in ownership, as well as any choices you will have as a result.
How we protect your data
The security of your information is important to us. We are dedicated to protecting your information and have put in place physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards.
These measures include limiting access, using encryption, testing for vulnerabilities, malware detection, employing pseudonymisation and anonymisation techniques, and more.
Though we hate to say it, despite our efforts, we can’t guarantee that user information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed as a result of a breach of any of our safeguards. You provide us with information at your own risk.
Seesiu only retains information about you as long as you keep using Seesiu, though we’ll keep information if we need it to meet our legal obligations and to defend against legal claims.
Some cookies can be temporary (“session cookies” like those used for navigating your browser) and disappear once you close it. Others last longer (“persistent cookies,” like when you ask a site to remember your login) and are saved to your computer until you delete them.
Our uses of cookies and similar technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Analytical: These types of cookies help Seesiu monitor the traffic and activity on our site, and to coordinate our own marketing campaigns. While they do not identify you specifically, they may be indirectly linked to your unique user ID. We aggregate and anonymise this data to help us detect fraud, understand trends, broad demographic data, and the general operation of our site.
If you want to disable cookies entirely, your browser or mobile device might have an option to do that. For more information, including instructions on disabling cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Your choices for managing your data
If you would like to delete your profile or personal information, you can always ask us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete any personal information we have, though we may still store some data in an aggregated and anonymised format that doesn’t identify you and can’t be attributed to you (or if we’re legally required).
Additional rights regarding your data
Depending on where you live, you may have additional rights as to the personal information that you share and Seesiu collects.
EU, UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand residents
Controller: Seesiu is a private company, established in the United Kingdom. Our address is 20-22 Wenlock Road, N1 7GU. Our contact email address is email@example.com. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation, we are the data controller.
- When you consent to our use of your data for a specific purpose.
- When we need that data to enact a transaction or to provide you with services and products that you request. This includes personalising features and protecting the security of Seesiu and its users.
- When Seesiu has a legitimate interest in using that data in the normal ways you’d expect, like ensuring Seesiu products run properly, improving and creating new products, historical analytics research, promoting Seesiu, and protecting our legal rights.
- When we need to process your data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Your rights: You have the following rights with regard to your personal data. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that these rights are limited, like for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or our legal obligations.
- Right to Access: You have the right to request information about your personal data that we hold, how we use it, and who we share it with.
- Right to Portability: Where you have provided your personal data to us on the basis of your consent, you have the right to ask us for a copy of this data in a structured, machine-readable format and to ask us to send this data to another data controller.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to ask us to correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Right to Withdraw Consent: In situations where we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time.
- Right to Object to Processing: In situations where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you can object that the interest is no longer legitimate. Seesiu will stop processing that data, unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate ground. You can also request to opt out of direct marketing.
- Right to Restrict Processing: You have the right to ask us to stop any active processing of your personal data while we seek to verify data you claim is inaccurate, while we verify our legitimate interests, or while we cannot erase that data due to legal obligations.
Seesiu will try to respond to these requests within 30 days, but some might take longer. You will typically not be charged any fee for effecting these rights, but Seesiu reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee (or refuse to comply) if the request is unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
Complaints: In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve it. You can also choose to file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority.
If you live in California and use Seesiu, you have some additional rights when it comes to your data.
- Right to Delete: You can ask us to delete the personal information we have about you.
California law gives you the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information. But Seesiu does not and will not sell (or rent, or disclose for value) any of your personal information in the first place. So you’re no worries for you.
To exercise any of these rights, you (or your authorised agent) can contact us through the “Contact us” webform or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days, and will provide a response to you within 45 days of your request, though in some exceptional cases it might take longer (if that happens, we’ll let you know). We will need your name and email address to verify your request, and may also ask for additional information if necessary to verify the identity of the person making the request. We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identity, or if an exemption applies (for example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals, or where we have a conflicting legal obligation). That said, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights.
To learn about the categories of personal information that Seesiu uses, please see the section of this policy called “What data we collect and why.” The personal information that we have collected in the past 12 months falls into the following categories as set out under California law:
- The contact information you provide – California law refers to these as identifiers.
- We don’t track your location, but your IP address gives us a general idea of the city, state, and country – what California law calls geolocation.
- Shopping and Seesiu usage data – California law calls this internet activity.
- Purchases on retail sites when using Seesiu – this is commercial information under California law.
To learn about the limited ways in which we disclose data for our business purposes — that is, to a service provider — and the categories of those service providers, please see the section of this policy called “How we share your data.”
Please note that, while Seesiu provides tools to manage your privacy as described in this policy, we do not support “Do Not Track” browser settings at this time.
We created Seesiu for the exclusive use of adults (18 and older). We don’t knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children. If you are a child under 18, please do not attempt to register for Seesiu’s products or send any personal information to us.
If we learn we have collected personal information from someone under 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child who you think may have given us some personal information or posted information on any public portion of Seesiu’s products, please let us know at email@example.com. We’ll help you remove it.
Changes to this policy
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy policies and practice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org